Sunday 27 July 2014

July 2014 Bella Box Review

Hi everyone!

This is my review on the July 2014 Bella Box.
This months theme is American Beauty.


Bella box is one of the many beauty subscription boxes available!
This is my first time receiving the Bella Box.
If you don't know how Bella Box works, you subscribe on their website and pay $15 a month or an annual fee of $165.00 for 12 months and receive 5+ beauty and lifestyle products to test which you can purchase on their website store.



In the box you receive a card which gives you information on the products in your box and how much they are worth. 


In this months box I received:

Designer brands Lip butter in coconut - RRP $4.99



This lip butter has a thin oily consistency, it smells sweet but  doesn't have a strong coconut smell. 
This lip butter wouldn't be my first choice for conditioning my lips as I feel like the product just sits on top of the lips, but ill give it a couple more tries before I give it away. 
Designer brands is an Australian brand which I feel contradicts the 'American Beauty' theme and I don't really understand how it was supposed to tie into the theme. 

Nicole by OPI Nail Lacquier - RRP $12.95 




I received the colour 'Goodbye Shoes' from the Carrie Underwood collection. 
This is a medium grey with blue-green undertones. 
I love the colour and consistency of this nail polish. 
Tash is more of the nail pro so I let her do some swatches on her beautiful long nails, as seen above. 
Keep an eye out for her review here soon :) 
You can purchase Nicole by OPI nail polishes from Target or Woolworths here in Australia. 
This product is from North Hollywood which fits more into the American Beauty theme. 

Anastasia Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat 5.3g - RRP Full size is $39.00



Another American product, that makes 2.
Anastasia is famous for her brow products and I'm obsessed with her brow pomades, so I am excited to try this product out. 
This top coat is supposed to make any mascara waterproof. 
I feel like this will come in handy on hot summer days, which is when I will probably use it more. 
I am very excited about this product!

Designer Brands Paw Paw Plus Hand Cream 30g - RRP $4.99



Another Designer Brands product, still don't understand how this fits into their theme. 
I do like this hand cream though, I'm on the hunt for anything that will sooth my hands in the winter as I get really bad eczema on my fingers, gross I know!
This product has that traditional hand cream smell, nothing special but not unpleasant. 
I like Lucas' paw paw ointment for my cuticles and lips but find it can be a bit greasy on my fingers and takes a while to soak in.
This hand cream is a thin consistency, (as seen in the swatch above,excuse the left over patches from other swatches haha) which absorbs fast and still has the great moisturising properties as the Lucas' Paw Paw Ointment without the greasiness. 
You can purchase Designer Brands products from many pharmacies across Australia. 

Chapstick Ultimate Lipkits- 3PK RRP $8.99



When I first saw this Chapstick container I was a little bit bummed as I already saw the other lip butter and I didn't understand why there needed to be more lip balm in this box.
For some reason it didn't click in my head that Chapstick meant the actual brand, then I opened up the case and there was 3 full sized Chapstick brand lip balms in there. 
I know how much these cost each and I just recently finished one.
In this case I received the Classic lip Balm with SPF 15, Green Apple and Strawberry. 
These are some of the most moisturising lip balms and their scent/flavours are great.

Bonus Product - Mary Kay Botanical Effects Mask 3g - RRP for full size is $37.00
I always like free bonus stuff, although I'm not really a fan of these sachet things as they can be messy and you can only use them once as the product will dry up. 
This is an american brand which makes only 3 products that fit into the theme if you can even count this 3g sachet as 1 product. 
I'm not  fan of masks as most of them make me break out and it takes me forever to get those blemishes to go away,  but that's just my skin personally. 
I may just give this one to Tash or my Mum. 

Overall I think that Bella Box did a pretty good job this month. 
 I like 4 out of the 6 products in the box even if they don't relate to the theme. 
I'm hoping that next month has some more makeup items as they are my favourite.
You can subscribe to Bella Box here.

Don't forget to follow us on Instagram and Bloglovin' - Ozbeautyblog
Thanks for reading!
Lana 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme