Saturday 5 July 2014

MAC x Lorde Pure Heroine Lipstick Review + Swatches

Pure Heroine a limited edition Amplified finish lipstick from MAC and is part of the two-piece MAC x Lorde collection that was released here in Australia at the start of July. I received an email in June from MAC for special offer to buy this collection before its official release date. I definitely recommend signing up if you like to get reminded of new collections and special offers.


I only purchased the lipstick as I didn't really feel the need to have the liner. I already own plenty of liquid liners that work fine for me. 

But I'm obsessed with any dark lipstick and Lorde so I had to purchase Pure Heroine!




Pure Heroine retails for $36.00 here in Australia. 

The Amplified formula makes it go on smooth and glossy.
I personally rather dark lipsticks to have a matt finish just because the staying power is longer, but this lipstick lasts at least 4 hours of you're not constantly eating and drinking.



It appears as a dark  plum in the tube but comes off lighter and more sheer when applied to the lips. 

The colour has warmer violet pinky-plum undertones of MAC lipstick Heroine with more depth of Cyber or Punk Couture.

    MAC x Lorde Pure Heroine applied alone with only with MAC Prep + Prime Lip 


     Left to right: MAC Nightmoth lip liner and Pure heroine, MAC Rebel, MAC Pure Heroine, MAC Cyber

I was a little bit disappointed when first putting this lipstick on, just because I was expecting such a darker, blackened more opaque colour.

As you can see from the swatches, Pure Heroine is warmer and more of a violet colour than Cyber but not as warm as Rebel, which has a more wine colour to it. 
When pairing this lipstick with MAC Nightmoth lip liner it gives the colour a deeper tone, similar to cyber. 



Thanks for reading!

Lana 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme