Saturday 23 August 2014

Review: The Bodyshop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream

Hi everyone! 

Sorry we both haven't been posting lately, I for one have been super busy.  
But I'm back! So here we go with a review of my new favourite day cream. 


The bodyshop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream is advertised as a non-clogging, oil free easily absorbent mattifying day cream and claims to control excess sebum and shine to balance the skin during the day. 

This day cream has been a staple item in my morning face routine the past two weeks. 
The consistency of this cream is a light gel, it applies quite wet but absorbs within a few minutes. 



The smell of this day cream is pretty strong, it smells like seaweed, the ocean or fish. 
It's not a very pleasant smell, but it does go away once absorbed. 

I like to use this day cream as a primer, I find that it moisturises my face and also mattifys my face, preparing my skin for foundation. 

This day cream works very well at balancing my skin and oil levels. I find on a day that I don't wear this my skin becomes oily earlier than it normally does. It doesn't stop my skin from producing oil completely but it does moisturise my skin where needed. 

I find this cream is prefect for people like me who have oily but dehydrated skin. It helps to treat those dry flaky patches as well as not making my skin over produce oil like some other moisturises.  

This product lives up to all it claims to do. Other than the smell, I have not found any problems with this day cream. It's not a miracle worker but I would definitely recommend trying this day cream out if you have combination/oily skin or suffer from dehydrated skin. If you have dry cheeks and an oily t-zone, I would suggest using a different cream on your dry areas or wherever you may need more moisture. My cheeks are relatively normal so this day cream works perfect for me. 

You can purchase this Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream from The Body Shop here for $24.95 AU. 
I am thinking about trying out their night cream that goes along with this collection because I like this day cream so much! 

Thanks so much for reading! 
Don't forget to follow us on Bloglovin' and social media. 
Lana 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme