Thursday 7 August 2014

Review: Rimmel London Wake me up Concealer

Hi everyone! 

Todays post is on Rimmel London's Wake me up Concealer. 
I have been using this concealer for a few months now and i wanted to give you guys a quick review on it. 


This concealer is marketed to wake up the skin, infused with vitamins and peptides to help brighten and illuminate under the eye with an instant anti-fatigue effect.

This concealer is part of a collection with Foundations and Powders.
It is available in 4 shades - Ivory, True Ivory, Classic Beige and Soft Beige. These shades suit light to medium skin tones with more yellow undertones, apart from True Ivory which has a slight pink undertone. These colours don't accommodate to pale and deep complexions very well. The shades tie in with the Wake Me Up Foundations which I like for the summer time. 

This concealer comes in a lipgloss like tube with a doe foot wand applicator. The applicator isn't the most hygienic, but as I only the concealer under my eyes I don't mind that is has doe foot wand. This also makes it easier for application under the eyes. 

This concealer is creamy but not thick and contains a bit of shimmer which you can see in the daylight,but doesn't pick up to much in flash photography.
Rimmel claims that it can be used under the eyes and on blemishes.
It provides a medium coverage and does covers my bags but probably wouldn't cover severe bags. I do not personally like putting it on my spots and blemishes as it contains shimmer and that can bring attention to the blemish. 
I don't find this concealer that brightening but it could be brightening with a lighter shade, but it is hard to find one to match with their small colour range.

I apply this concealer with a patting motion because if you try to rub it in it can just sit on the skin. I find it has to be set with a powder or else it will settle into fine lines. 
This concealer is not very long lasting. Half way through the day I can see it settling into fine lines.

Price is around $12.00-15.00 depending on sales and where you purchase it from.
Available at Target,Kmart,Chemist Warehouse here and Priceline here.


My overall opinion is that this product is a good light weight concealer for under the eyes when you are not looking to wear a long lasting full face of makeup. I find the Wake Me Up range good for summer because it is lightweight and the shimmers looks better with my summer time face.
I feel that this concealer should be cheaper for its results but it is affordable and easily accessible. 
The concealers match up with colours from the rest of range, although I think they need to invest into making more shades to accommodate a variety of complexions. 
This concealer will work for you if you have more yellow undertones, light bags under the eyes and are light to medium in skin tone. 

Thanks for reading! 
Don't forget to follow us on Instagram and Twitter - ozbeautyblog
Tash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme